Chocolate and eggnog are quintessential parts of winter, and now they come together in this simple yet delicious home recipe. Landing somewhere between decadent drink and light dessert, eggnog-lovers will enjoy this new twist on the classic drink, and chocolate-lovers won’t be able to resist! Here’s what you need to get started:
- 1 cup chopped chocolate (dark or milk)
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of whole cloves
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- ROYCE’ Pure Chocolate “Sweet and Milk”
- Optional: 2 cups bourbon
- Begin by combining the chopped chocolate and cocoa powder in a heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine 2 cups of milk, cinnamon sticks, and whole cloves. Bring milk to a simmer.
- After first sieving out the cinnamon and cloves, pour the heated milk over the combined chocolate, and stir until the chocolate is thoroughly melted and smooth. Stir in the cream and remaining milk, then set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a standing mixer, place egg whites in bowl and whisk on the low setting until frothy, about 30 seconds. Increase to a medium speed and whisk for about 90 seconds or until thick and frothy. While still mixing, slowly add half of the sugar and continue mixing until fully incorporated. Place egg whites in a large bowl and set aside.
- Using the same mixer, whisk the egg yolks and remaining sugar at a medium speed until thickened and pale yellow, about 1 minute.
- Lower mixing speed and slowly add in the milk and chocolate mixture and continue whisking until fully combined.
- Optional: Slowly add bourbon after the chocolate mixture and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Once the yolks, sugar, and chocolate mixture are combined, stop whisking and use a rubber spatula to fold in the reserved egg whites.
- Divide your eggnog between glasses, garnish with ground nutmeg, and serve with ROYCE’ Pure Chocolate “Sweet and Milk”! Cheers!
For more recipes and chocolate ideas, visit the ROYCE’ blog or explore the luxury chocolate offerings on our online boutique!